Thursday, November 17, 2005

Christmas and the mobile phone rush!

I often get inquired of “I bet you have got the best phone there is haven’t you”. Well the answer is no not really. My own phone is a Nokia 6310i that I have had for the last 2 years. You see I am not into all these new fangled things that have 3g, gps, gprs, Bluetooth and make you a cup of tea in the morning. I want my phone to work and I want it to work wherever I am in the world.

Christmas is nearing now and of course my daughter is after a new phone, she wants the camera, video and mp3 player type of phone, this despite the fact that she has a perfectly good mp3 player and the use of my £700 digital camera. I just can’t figure it out, it seems that mobile phones have become this “Status Symbol” of power, the more features you have the better you as a person are. Thing is we bought her an all singing all dancing phone last year for £275 and now she wants a new one, I just can’t weigh her up.

My advice to people is simple and an old saying, “if it isn’t broke why fix it” that’s why my mobile phone is actually a mobile phone that I use to call people.

With all the latest phones that have been released it looks like I am going to have a busy Christmas yet again, don’t get me wrong I am not complaining, but my heart does go out to all the parents being pestered by their kids for a new phone. Whatever happened to the kids that would open their expensive gift, ignore it, and then play with the box?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home